Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Day 15 - Write To Your MP

My letter to my MP Liam Byrne


Dear Liam Byrne,


Christmas is quickly approaching and it's a time for holiday, family and festivities. We are very privileged to be a part of a society where everything is readily available. We have an excellent education system, which accommodates shaping our future and going on to having pretty much any career of our choosing. 


We have the NHS which is free of charge for when we are sick and a welfare system in place for when we are in a hard place, and for this I am very grateful. 


I am writing to you because as fortunate as I feel, our society is not perfect and there are many areas we can make improvements.


I believe it is my moral obligation to speak out for those who do not have these necessities both in the UK and globally. One way we could alleviate such injustices is through the Robin Hood Tax. This is a tiny tax on the financial sector that could benefit millions of people in the UK and around the world. It can help tackle poverty and climate change both home and abroad. 


The banks can afford this small tax as they generate billions in revenue and it is a very small percentage, it will not affect the ordinary members of the public and the money can go a long way in helping those in need. 


I am hoping as my MP you will support this tax and become a 'Robin'. Here is how you can get involved: http://robinhoodtax.org/


I look forward to hearing from you. 


Yours sincerely,


Femma Ashraf

No comments: