After the very interesting panel discussion on Food and the Changing Climate I was even more compelled to sign this petition. One of the key messages I took away from Martin Kirk head of the Oxfam UK campaigns division was that small public pressure can make a big difference. So yes, I am trying to make a difference, I have signed the petition and I recommend you do the same.
We can make a difference, a significant impact in the world and one day we will get there, it's all about the perseverance. For most of yesterday morning I was having a bit if a rubbish day as my friends were attacking me for being a 'Oxfam and Charity spammer' on facebook and twitter. Then I went to the discussion and listened to some amazing speakers and engaged with some phenomenal people who try and make a difference every day. I felt better (albeit tired from long hours at work this week). This is what it's all about, each of us as individuals standing up and voicing our outrage against moral injustice, standing up and being counted individually and collectively in making a difference in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment